Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, July 31, 2015

The Announcement

As you know, for the past twelve days, I have been teasing a major announcement to come on today, July 31st, 2015. This is going to go down as one of the most historic days in the history of the blog because it is the day I announce, officially, that this blog has an end game.

It became apparent to me during May and June that the responsibilities as a junior in high school were far too great to prioritize this blog rather than them. And, in the coming years, these responsibilities are only going to increase in their significance and this blog is sacred. It deserves nothing but a host, a poster, who is completely the opposite of restless. And as life is going to be taking a direction away from the comfort that would allow for regular posting, this becomes impossible.

In the past, I've made it a point to create an entire post, time and again, dedicated to the series finales of respective television programs. Chuck, 30 Rock, The Office. Each has had a post that was dedicated completely to paying homage to the show. The truly great series finales are the ones that recognize when it is time to depart from their lofty peaks, give plenty of time to honor the creation appropriately, and end what they started the right way.

I want to end My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding the right way. So, on July 31st, 2016 (about a month away from when I will begin college), My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding will have its very last post.

I started this blog as fifth grade was coming to an end and I am, honestly, both honored and baffled that I will be ending it after the end of twelfth grade.

Twenty days from now, it will be the three-year anniversary of when Greg Daniels announced that the ninth season of The Office would be its last. On that day, Bob Greenblatt said, "At some point, you have a choice: to always tell the beginnings of stories and the middles or to allow a story to end. And I think endings can be very powerful and meaningful pieces of the story."

My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding has had its beginning and it has certainly had its middle. But now, it's time for it to have its end. Hell, seven years is nothing to scoff at. Besides, it's not like this blog will be going out with a whimper. It's the power blog! We're going out with a bang.

I want to thank any of you reading this who have stuck by this blog through all the years and will continue to stick with it for one more.

There will be more content, more fun, and more time-honored, nostalgia-oriented celebration than we've ever had before. It's going to be the best year in the history of the blog.

I can't wait to get going.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Well, while the news is sad, it is also understandable. Everything has its place and time. If you feel the time for this blog is coming to a close, then I have to trust your instincts. Should be a fun ride these last 365 days. Here's to a great end to go with the great beginning and great middle. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defintely wow - that surprised me! Dad said it best so I won't say anything else. Love you!

    ReplyDelete