Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What to Expect in the Last Year of the Blog

I promised you a post detailing what you could expect to see in the final year of My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding and, lo and behold, here it is. From now until July 31st, 2016, we will be having regularly scheduled posts, but also this slew of stellar goodness to celebrate and honor the legacy and conclusion of this storied blog! Here's what to look to forward to:

  • As with the past two years, I will be having daily countdown lists (but this time I'm including weekends!) on my favorite aspects of entertainment. This year, you'll see my seventy-five favorite books, sixty favorite television characters, seventy favorite movie scenes, and fifty favorite albums (like music). That'll be a good combination to end those daily countdowns.
  • I am going to break down Sports by David and Entertainment by David by the covers. Which athletes and sports and entertainers have appeared on the most covers? And which ones are my favorites?
  • There will be a tournament to determine the best ever tradition we've had on My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding.
  • One of these traditions, the Best Comic Tournament, will become the Best Comic of All-Time Tournament for one last ride in January.
  • The DFTBA Tournament will also be making its triumphant return in a brand new, revamped format known as "simulation."
  • I am going to rank all of the presidents of the United States. (This'll be good!)
  • For one last time, I am going to rank my one hundred favorite people. But instead of spreading it out over two weeks, I think it's best you get ready for a mega post. I will also be profiling the people who made my top twenty in what will be known as "Icons at a Glance."
  • Every influential moment for this blog will be collected in what will be titled as "The Greatest Montage Ever Made."
  • My last three series finale recaps will be posted to honor The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Mad Men, and Community.
  • The biggest Hot/Not Meter ever created: the "My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding" Hot/Not Meter. (Also known as, the tradition that refuses to die.)
  • On July 31st, I will share a record-breaking farewell post and a promise for the future.
  • I will be posting a satirical and detailed analysis of The Hoedown Throwdown, a song performed by Miley Cyrus that was featured on my first post ever made on this blog.
  • I will finally be reaching one hundred posts in the month of March, the only month not to have this feat accomplished.
  • By evaluating blog statistics, I will discuss the top-viewed posts ever posted on this blog.
  • From December 1st to December 31st of this year, I will have one last celebration of the holiday season, my favorite time of year.
  • Every post I typically make at the end of the year to honor the best of the past three hundred and sixty-five days will be bulked up to feature every list, but instead of the past year, it will be from 2009 to 2016 (also known as the duration of the blog). This includes the best days, books, shows, episodes, movies, songs, posters, trailers, Entertainment Weekly covers, Sports Illustrated covers, tweets, videos, commercials, sports games, and comic strips.
  • I will re-evaluate every single person who has been banned from this blog. Maybe some will come back into the good graces.
  • Contrarily, I will also have one last induction into the Power Hall of Fame. (And maybe you will get a front row seat.)
  • We will also, during an undisclosed month, have one last month-long challenge.
  • Plus, much more amazing, conclusive content! (And yes, I know that's a cop-out.)
It's going to be a great ride!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! You are cramming a lot into this final year - heck, final 11 months, now. Here's to all the goodness ahead in the ride to the finale.

    ReplyDelete