Saturday, March 31, 2012
For three different people. Shucks. Maybe next time. If I won, I would've saved some for University of Florida tuition, an amazing car, in the future. Also, Patriots and Bruins season tickets, a plot in York, Maine shopping center, a Pacman machine, and a foosball table. I'd still have 425 million dollars left over. If only. A lotta dough.
The only good thing about the once awesome Kid's Choice Awards (who knows where they went wrong) was that Tebow actually took home the Best Athlete hardware. They made the right choice rather than Shaun White who did zero this year. Congrats, Tebow!
Friday, March 30, 2012
Simple Disney Things has posted the following riddles:
1. I’m located near the rail road station; I’m here morning, night, and celebration. (What)
2. If a blast from the past is what you seek, where can you hear Royal Dano speak? (Where)
3. Hop aboard me and you will see parts of tomorrow and fantasy. (What)
4. You go here to quench your thirst, but there’s something important you must do first (What)
5. This is the last ride that Walt personally created, a show with Henry that’ll leave you elated (What)
6. Four identical dogs, but where can they be; one of them even holds a key. (Where – 4 answers)
7. You see a bat near the fire’s glow, but where exactly must you go? (Where)
8. You’ll see these words imprinted on a plate, but sadly it’s no longer there to this date. (What)
9. The changing perception makes it move upstream, where can you see the waters gleam? (Where)
10. Something blue, something gold, and plenty of green, where can these all these things be seen? (Where)
11. Go to a place where a horse and eagle mingle, it’s there you’ll hear little bells jingle. (Where)
12. Bubbles, water, and a whiff of pie, this ride takes you high in the sky. (What)
13. Its name is actually Chick-a-pen Hill, this ride is known to give you such a thrill. (What)
14. You’ll find this man waving goodbye, get too close and you’ll have to die. (Who)
15. Before I encounter and before I escape, we’ll fly here in tip top ship shape. (What)
These questions pertain to the Magic Kingdom Park only (This does not include Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom). The answers will be revealed once the quest is over. Good luck and have fun!
I think I did alright. While I was looking, I came across some cool facts!
The DFTBA Tournament has advanced to the second round. These 32 teams remain: Family, I Love Lucy, Leicester, Happy Endings, Tower Heist, Red Sox, The Hangover, Disney World, Friends, Psych, Man v. Food, Grown Ups, Maine, Magic, Chuck, Christmas, NBC, Disney, Six Flags, The Muppets, Gators, Bruins, Today Show, Community, Universal, Friends (TV), Toy Story, Blackstone Valley, No School, Patriots, NBA, and The Office.
- Two Matthew Broderick characters: Mr. Fitsugh and Ferris Bueller faced off. Tower Heist won.
- Apple Juice came one point away from upsetting Grown Ups.
- The biggest upset was the 14th seeded Orlando Magic defeating the 3 seeded Boston Celtics.
- MexiCali Grill came two points away from upsetting 2nd seeded Christmas.
- No School and NBA All-Star Weekend went to Sudden Death Overtime.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
That's the new show on Travel Channel. It will be hosted, by none other than, Adam Richman! Now that Man v. Food has concluded, Best Sandwich In America should fill the void. Looking forward to it! It will be an 11 week series of Adam Richman's quest to find the best in America. June 6th, 2012!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
THIS IS SO AWESOME, THE BEST PERSON EVER WRITES TWICE!
Not sure what the Hunger Games world is called, but I know the other two. According to The Disney Blog, there have been rumors of a falling out of the Avatar world at the Animal Kingdom. This has given way to more rumors that there could be an Oz in Disney World. If the new movie about the Wizard of Oz from Disney is a success, it will likely get the green light. Also Hunger Games suggestions, but that would just suck. Personally, I'd rather see Oz than Pandora, but I'm intrigued either way!
Remember I wrote about Adam Richman's tweet on Tebow? More details have arisen on the Tebow sandwich. There's not a Richwich yet, but the Tebow sandwich is called the Jetbow. Not the most creative name, but it looks amazing. 3.5 pounds of corned beef, pastrami, roast beef, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, and on white bread. Delectable!
Monday, March 26, 2012
- Patrick Warburton
- Calista Flockhart
- Ed O'Neill
- David Duchovny
- Jason Priestly
- Chris Carter
- Gillian Anderson
- Shannon Doherty
- Ian Zierig
- Gabrielle Carteris
- Katey Sagal
- David Faustino
- Christina Applegate
ESPN Boston has released a bracket that will decide the sports figure that Boston sports fan hate the most. The 16 competing, or rather avoiding, are Alex Rodriguez, LeBron James, Roberto Luongo, Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Ulf Samuellson, Isiah Thomas, Roger Clemens, Matt Cooke, Rex Ryan, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Bucky F****** Dent, Bernard Pollard, Bill Laimbeer, and Peyton Manning. If I could pick, I'd go with A-Rod v. Rex Ryan. There's also a Boston's Most Beloved, that's whittled down to the finals. Tom Brady vs. Larry Bird. I'd go with Larry Legend. There are also Chicago, Dallas, LA, and New York brackets. I hate everyone in the Boston Enemy Bracket.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Two of the greatest people to have ever existed have been in the same 140 character section of a tweet. Adam Richman tweeted the following:
Saturday, March 24, 2012
But that's the least of my worries. Another sports funk will set in. I've been beginning to shake the Patriots Super Bowl loss a little bit, but now the Gators, who made a magical run to the Elite Eight in both 2011 and 2012, had double digit leads in the second half of the game in both years, but lost both times. Once to BYU and the other to Louisville. I thought they had it, but next year, right? They've got Kenny Boynton, Patric Young, Bradley Beal (who happens to be my cousin's lab partner at Florida), and Erik Murphy. Sadly, that was Erving Walker's last game, and he was amazing. I swear to you the 2007 tourney will not be the last time the Gators win it. Mark my words. They have a great athletic program in everything. Not just football and basketball, but baseball, gymnastics, etc. It's great to be a Gator fan. And in 2012, they had a great run. Props to Billy Donovan.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Third time's the charm? Well, the first one was the charm, the second was a wanna-be replica, but the director says that the third installment will be the last and that it will not have the same recipe as the first two. It could be rushed, though, because it's scheduled for Memorial Day 2013. Fingers crossed!
I know this is a little late, seeing as how this Sunday it will be two weeks since it happened, but better late than never right? Anywho, the best character on the show Desperate Housewives, Mike Delfino,
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Tim Tebow. New York Jets. That depresses me. My favorite player will now play for my least favorite team. Why couldn't Jacksonville or New England have made a push like Adam Schefter reported. This is just going to be a disaster. Rex Ryan. Mark Sanchez. Jeremy Lin. What were the Jets even thinking? Poor Tebow. I hope he succeeds and then gets out of there as fast as possible. Free Tebow.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- Michael Scott has already exited
- Toby (Paul Lieberstein) will exit to work on the Dwight spinoff
- Dwight Schrute will stay, but will shift focus to the spinoff
- Ryan and Kelly have been rumored to be on their ways out
- Jim and Andy have restructured their contracts so they will stay throughout Season 9, but will have limited roles
30 Rock will run their show live on Thursday, April 26th! It's gonna be pretty awesome, I imagine, because the last live show was. This will technically be their 3rd and 4th due to East and West coast performances. Lookin' forward to it!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
It's come so far since the first trailer, than the others, than the movie. It's actually on DVD. What a journey. Features:
- A Hasty Examination of the Makings of the Muppets
- Screen Test
- The Full Tex Richman Song
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary
- Disney Intermission
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History)
- Original Soundtrack
- DVD/Blu-Ray Film Plus Bonus
Monday, March 19, 2012
I'm not even sure, but after all Tebow did for that Broncos organization, he deserved better, but now Peyton Manning's on the way to Denver and Tebow is being shopped. Free Tebow. Get him away from Elway. At this point it seems that Elway wants to sabotage and see Tebow lose. Get him to Jacksonville or New England or somewhere. Disgust. You don't deserve it Tebow.
These two comedy concepts seem pretty interesting. In Two and a Half Men, Alan will be visited by the ghost of Charlie. Played by Kathy Bates. That will be humorous. The episode of How I Met Your Mother is titled The Broath. That's right. The word Bro is in there. BRO!
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Madden 13 is having a tournament vote to decide who their new cover athlete will be. Will they be the Lucky Winner or Loser (Madden Curse.) There's two for each team! Here they are:
COMMUNITY! SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE! OR 12 SEASONS AND A THEME PARK! It doesn't matter because Community is back AND there's even more good news for the Greendale Seven! Comedy Central will air Community reruns beginning in 2013 and Community beat American Idol in the 18-34 age group and it rose 47% in the ratings. SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
After last year's less then stellar comedic performance at the movie theaters, featuring only two standouts in my mind, Tower Heist and Bridesmaids, this weekend looks promising, at least in the minds of the critics. Two comedies, 21 Jump Street and Jeff who Lives at Home, have both gotten positive reviews from critics along with 85% and 75% ratings, respectively from Rotten Tomatoes. Now, those aren't the best scores, but they're better than last year's average of 42% for comedies. Hopefully comedies are on the up!
In honor of tonight's new return of COMMUNITY, (Thursdays, NBC, 8PM. The Big Bang Theory has enough ratings. Watch Community now. NOW!) I will be posting the 10 best television "bro-mances" of all time and of today. Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
I love the Disney Blog. At first they were another blog that arrived in my Google Reader, but now with their weekly updates on the Fantasyland expansion, they've become something I look forward to it. You should follow them. Thanks John Frost!
Strange title, right? Well, that's the new puppety product being released from Henson Studios. It's a new Puppet-Noir movie where puppets and humans coexist. It will be directed by Brian Henson, Jim's son. Here's the synopsis:
Stephen Strasburg, Washington Nationals pitcher, has a new burger named after him. It's called: The Strasburger. It's as menacing as it sounds.
- Combination of ground brisket, chuck, and short ribs
- Large burger bun with secret sauce
- American cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions, pickle chips
- Served with cone basket of french fries and a pitcher of choice of soda
- Eight pounds
- 10,000 calories
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Yes you can still fill out your MARCH Madness brackets, but when it's Muppet-ized. You can VOTE for the brackets! That's right, the Muppet Madness tournament is back! And with four new categories:
- New Characters
- Old Favorites
I don't know if I've said this before, but if I have, might as well say it again. This is the best opportunity EVER for the Orlando Magic. Think about these things first:
- Disney World and the Magic are both in Orlando.
- Disney World's most popular park is the Magic Kingdom.
- A kingdom is a noun. Out of person, place, thing, or idea. It is a place.
- Basketball arenas are also places.
- The Orlando Magic are called the Magic.
Stupid hoax. Apparently the 'Walt' poster was just a painting created by a French artist. So it's not real. Even though it should be. Because it's amazing. And a good idea. And it has to happen. Maybe it will. Who knows?
- Remember how he once lost the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and that forced him to create Mickey Mouse? Well, Disney got the rights for Oswald back by trading sportscaster, Al Michaels, for him.
- His last words were 'Kurt Russell.' The actor has no idea why.