Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Adam Richman Retires


Adam Richman posted this on Facebook:

"To my loyal friends & fans,

Your support has meant the world today. And listen: I totally understand why people tell me about challenges! I did 59 of them for Pete's sake! And I know that doing those wonderful, crazy things was how I got to live the life of my of my dreams and make headway in this industry. Moreover, I know this above all: I OWE ALL MY SUCCESS TO MY FANS. I swear, from the bottom of my (healthy) heart that is the honest truth. I urge you all to take that into consideration before you view anything I say or write as derogatory. I was shocked by the vitriol I saw today as the result of saying I did not want to eat something. Perhaps I have a crap way of articulating things - in this case saying that I was aware of the challenge & one neednt waste time re-informing me of it seeing as how I wasnt going to be attempting it - and if that's the case, I pledge to you all I shall be more vigilant about this, and will watch my phrasing more closely!

I was raised better than to reject or insult anyone's culture, cuisine or beliefs because they are different from my own.

One fact remains: I am out of the food challenge game & while I love how that phenomenon has caught hold worldwide, and love hearing about your culinary conquests - I have "hung up my competitive fork" so to speak. I now seek to explore, to learn and to share what I've learned about food, places, people and travel itself & make that information enjoyable and accessible to everyone.

Entertaining people, making people smile, and making my Mom proud of me have truly been my sole motivations. I assure you all - the programming that I have coming out in the US & abroad in 2012, will be nothing short of awesome & informative. I Promise. Pinky swear.

And insofar as my fans - I truly do love, value & appreciate you all. And I wish you all the happiness & success you've blessed me with, tenfold.

Until our next adventure,

Adam"


I do not believe that this means it is the end of Man v. Food. I think it just means that he won't be doing challenges anymore. Adam, you are a winner. We'll always have the reruns.

2 comments:

  1. Well, had to come to an end, eventually. He can't just keep eating everything! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. te amo, eres hermoso, cuidate te me puedes enfermar, estoy desvelada por ti, me gustas de verdad te quiero, de diana carolina mesa serna de medellin antioquia colombia.

    ReplyDelete