Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, May 10, 2013

A.A.R.M. Review

*SPOILERS*


  • I'm gonna get Andy out of the way. I love the character. I love Ed Helms. But this story line was upsetting to me. It's so sad to see Andy fail, but I still believe in him. Go Andy go!
  • Aaron Rodgers was funny even though the TV had glitches while Andy performed. "Flag on the play."
  • When Andy went into the bar and said, "One more for the doc." I got chills. I don't know why, but I did.
  • The tea in Nepal is very hot, but the coffee in Peru is far much hotter. Could that be the final cold open?
  • "Ironic now that it's Angela living in the closet. Ay-oh!"
  • Is there a better ring to get from Dwight than a buttock bullet ring? So glad it avoided Esther, though.
  • Six days since last nonsense.
  • One last time of Jim messing with Dwight and it was incredible. One of Jim's best. He seemed to have a lot of fun. The only candidate for the assistant to the assistant to the regional manager is Dwight. I love Goofy Jim.
  • "Your agenda-taking pleases him."
  • Angela, Meredith, Oscar, Creed and Stanley's talking heads about the upcoming documentary release were all very humorous.
  • "What's the opposite of a horse?"
  • Lol at the documentary crew guy who was just like, "Yeah, you got it man." When Jim asked for help. He didn't sell it at all whatsoever but it doesn't matter because Jim just wants to prove to Pam that he is still madly in love with her.
  • Kevin and Phillip: the weird love children of Oscar and Angela. Accounting has a strange dynamic, no?
  • Stanley: grumpy old walrus.
  • "Genes so pure you could lick them." "Jackpot." Loved Jim's reactions to Dwight's Esther spiel.
  • I'm glad that Darryl got a proper farewell. This was some good last ensemble fun. "I'm gonna miss these guys." too. 
  • I knew what Jim was doing as soon as he had the DVD. I knew what that was. I loved seeing Pam's reactions to re-watching her falling asleep on Jim's shoulder, Jim's confession to her, the proposal, the pregnancy, the wedding.  AND THEN THAT FREAKING CARD OH MY GOD OH MY LORD. I thought they'd never bring that back and when they showed it, I died. Oh that was so indescribably perfect.
  • Then Jim and Dwight showed what their friendship was truly made of. "I don't know what you want me to tell you, man. All I know is that every time I’ve been faced with a tough decision, there's only one thing that outweighs every other concern — one thing that will make you give up on everything you thought you knew. Every instinct. Every rational calculation. Love. Dwight, listen, no matter happens, you gotta forget about all the other stuff. You gotta forget about logic and fear and doubt. You just gotta do everything you can do get to the one woman who's going to make all this worth it. At the end of the day, you gotta jump. You love Angela, Dwight. I think you always have." Then Dwight listed and proposed to Angela. Finally!  Loved Dwight running her off the road, too.
  • Then, nothing was ever the same when the documentary premiered. I loved how they did it. We didn't need to see the doc in that episode. Just watching the reactions and listening to the first scene of the series with Michael and Jim was enough. It was so perfect. They nailed it. THEY FREAKING NAILED IT. This is how a show goes out. I consider Livin' the Dream and A.A.R.M. as a part of the Finale, like four hours worth. Therefore, this might be (unbiased) the greatest finale in television history. Only a few days left :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
  • Some callbacks I picked up on to finish the post off: Jim leaning behind Dwight like Dwight did for Michael. Battlestar Galactica. "Absolutely we do." The beet. Phyllis & Kevin: the only ones to volunteer for the Obstacle Course, just like Flonkerton. Angela putting Phillip in the same drawer that Bandit was in. Dwight’s siren. Obviously the beginning of the documentary and obviously Jim and Pam’s video, including the card. 
  • What a FANTASTIC episode. It's hitting me hard, now :(

1 comment:

  1. Hope the finale is as great. It will certainly be emotional.

    ReplyDelete