Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Humans of New York

This is probably one of the greatest things that I've come across on the Internet. A guy takes pictures of people he sees in New York that he thinks may be interesting. They always are interesting. It's a great thing to see on Instagram, but it's also on Facebook. My favorites are these two:

""I used to play tennis with Arthur Ashe."
"Really? How'd that come about?"
"I was an architect, and my office used to be off Columbus Circle. I lived on the Upper West Side, and every day I'd walk home through the park. One day-- this was in 1967-- I decided to take a different path, and I heard the sound of bouncing tennis balls. I investigated, and discovered a man "warming up" on a tennis court. He noticed me watching through the fence, and asked if I knew how to play. He told me that he had a foursome scheduled, but his partner had backed out. He only introduced himself as "Artie," but at this point I knew who he was, so I ran all the way home and grabbed my racket. I'd played tennis since the age of six, so I was very good myself, and we ended up winning the match. At the end, Arthur said: 'Would you mind if I called you again?'""

"“What was the happiest moment of your life?”
“When I proposed to my wife.”
“How’d you do it?”
“Well, the first time we ever met, we played Clue with another couple. So when I was ready to propose, I set up a game with the same couple who introduced us. Then I put the proposal in the envelope where the final answer normally is. The funniest part is, when she opened it, she said: ‘Wait. Does this mean I didn’t win the game?’”"



It's a great source of wisdom and insight, even from the most unpredictable sources. It's really quite charming. I like it muchly.


1 comment: