Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 5 Favorite Quote

The Office is such a good show I have more than one quote. Sorry.

1. Toby: Actually, I didn't think it was appropriate to invite children since it's, uh, you know. There's gambling and alcohol... And it's in our dangerous warehouse. And it's a school night. And, you know, Hooters is catering. You know. Is that- is that enough? Should I keep going?

Michael: Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.



2. Ryan: What I really want, honestly, Michael is for you to know it so that you can communicate it to the people here, to your clients, whomever.

Michael: Oh okay.

Ryan: What?

Michael: It's whoever, not whomever.

Ryan: It's whomever.

Michael: No, whomever is never acutally right.

Jim: Nope, sometimes it's right.

Creed: Michael is right. It's a made up word used to trick students-

Andy: No. Actually, whomever is the formal version of the word--

Oscar: Obviously it's a real word- but I don't know how to use it correctly.

Kevin: I know what's right. But I'm not gonna say. Because you're all jerks who didn't come see my band last night.

Ryan: Do you really know which one is correct?

Kevin: I don't know.

Pam: It's whom when it's the object of the sentence and who when as the subject.

Phyllis: That sounds right.

Michael: Well it sounds right but is it?

Stanley: How did Ryan use it, as an object?

Ryan: As an object.

Kelly: Ryan used me as an object.

Oscar: Is he right about that--

Pam: How did he use it again?

Toby: It was, Ryan wanted Michael, the subject, to explain the computer system, the object--

Michael: Thank you!




3. Michael: Attention everyone, you can consider this my retirement from comedy.

Jim: Does that include 'that's what she said'?

Michael: Mmhh, yes.

Jim: Wow that is really hard. You really think you can go all day long? Well, you always left me satisfied and smiling.

Michael: That's what she said!

1 comment: