Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Maybe I Had Tunnel-Vision

Yes I believe that's right. Last year I said that I would induct five new people into my Power Hall of Fame, which is my favorite people Hall of Fame. I said it would only be a singer, actor, character, athlete, and author. I don't want to induct people because I have to. I want them to be because they DESERVE to be there. Don't get me wrong I love Dr. Seuss, but I wouldn't put him in the Top 10. So I am changing it to five people. That's it. No specific requirements. Also, I said it had to be on June 23rd every year. As you can tell it'll be whenever in June. Maybe that's tunnel-vision too. How about anywhere from May 5th to June 23rd. Sound good? Okay here is the Power Hall of Fame Class of 2011.

Slinky Dog. A loyal toy to Andy Davis. Known for Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3. Portrayed by Jim Varney and Blake Clark. Quote: "Golly Bob Howdy!"
Jason Ritter. Birthday: February 17th. Amazing man with even more amazing facial hair. Known for The Class, I Am I, Freddy v. Jason, and The Event.
Gonna go with another actor. Kevin James. Birthday: April 26th. Known for The King of Queens, Hitch, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and Grown Ups.
This is the third character inducted into the Power Hall of Fame. Jim Halpert. Known for The Office. Plays pranks on Dwight. Makes great faces to the camera.
Maybe some more athletes will join it next year, but for now Tim Tebow and Dustin Pedroia will have to do. Tebow is a quarterback for the Denver Broncos, but I liked him more as a Gator. He made The Promise, won the National Championship in '06 and '08. Also won the Heisman Trophy and many other things.

To recap, the ten members of the Power Hall of Fame are Jason Mraz, Dustin Pedroia, Tomie DePaola, Tom Hanks, Goofy, Tim Tebow, Slinky Dog, Jason Ritter, Kevin James, and Jim Halpert. That;s just for now though. Stay tuned next year though.

1 comment:

  1. Great bunch of inductees! Quite an elite Hall of Fame, for sure!

    ReplyDelete