Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Red Sox Defeat Toronto!

On June 26th, the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays 5-1, with some late inning heroics from Dustin Pedroia and Jared Saltalamacchia. Daisuke Matsuzaka gave up a run in the first, but was lights out from then on. Why am I singling this game out? Well, I went to it of course! Some family members were awesome enough to give me three tickets to the game for my birthday! It was quite awesome.

On a similar Red Sox note, I was wondering about whatever happened to JD Drew. I texted into WEEI and said "Did JD Drew fall off the face of the Earth?" John D. Ryder responded with "Haha, no, he's just enjoying retirement." Let's not think about JD's disappointing 2011 season and let's remember the good times. Oh yeah! His grand slam in the ALCS back in '07! Remember his 2008 All-Star Game MVP Award? And that home run he hit to finish the comeback against Tampa Bay in the 2008 ALCS, good times.

1 comment:

  1. Was a very fun game to see in person! And good to know Drew is retired and not missing! LOL

    ReplyDelete