Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Grantland's SNL Week

To celebrate the fortieth anniversary of Saturday Night Live, Bill Simmons' Grantland website recently hosted an 'SNL Week' that provided a gluttonously glorious amount of SNL goodness. For example, you can see above that Will Ferrell defeated Phil Hartman in the bracket to determine the best ever SNL cast member. The bracket was divided into four sections: The Not Ready for Prime Time Players (1975-1985), Lorne's Return (1986-1994), More Cowbell (1995-2004), and The Digital Kids (2005-2014). Bill Hader and Eddie Murphy rounded out the final four.

But a bracket was not the only thing SNL Week had! There were some amazing articles, too. I've listed some of my favorites here and you can click to read them. From there, you can read some more that you like at your leisure and if you wish to do so!

Bill Hader's Day Off
I'm Chevy Chase and You're Not
The Glue
Lorne Again
Kenan Thompson: A Timeless SNL Weirdo
SNL and the State of Live TV
Saturday Night Live v. The World: A Statisticalish Study
John Mulaney's First and Last Days
What Does the Next Generation of Young Comedians Think?
Darrell Hammond Remembers Don Pardo
Testimonials from Cast Members Who Lived It

2 comments:

  1. Quite a way to celebrate the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for making the right choice by contacting Dr. Irosi who helped me in getting my ex back by casting a love spell on him. One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr. Irosi to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr. Irosi because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr. Irosi on his Email Address [drirosisolutioncenter@gmail.com], call or whatsapp him via his contact +2348118829771 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr. Irosi for your great work.  

    ReplyDelete