Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Time In Between- Tenth Daughter of Memory

The fumble was forced to end the game and everyone headed to the locker rooms hanging their heads in shame, except for the victorious team that is. They packed up their bags filled with gloves, helmets, jerseys. They took their showers and changed into their everyday clothes. Knowing the road ahead would not end well they knew their season was finished. So the players went out to press conferences. Then a little glimmer of hope shined at the end of the road for this 1 loss team as their head quarterback went to the press table. He gave a speech that will last forever. I don't remember what he said exactly. I think it was something like this though. "To the fans and everybody in our nation, I'm sorry. I'm extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season, that was my goal, something that we've never done here before. I promise you one thing, alot of good will come out of this. You will never see another player play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see any player push his team as hard as I will push this team the rest of the season. You will never see a team play as hard as our team will play the rest of the season. God Bless." At the end of the season the Florida Gators were national champions. Tim Tebow kept his promise. In the time in between the seasons the Gators were ranked #1.

5 comments:

  1. Cool post, and a great take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done. great take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lesson for life here- don't be defeated- use your 'time between' to regroup and come back fighting!

    I liked this, shame I can't vote this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm not a huge sports fan, but sometimes athletes can be inspiring in the humility.

    ReplyDelete