Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, July 13, 2012

2012 ESPY Recap

The ESPYS are easily the best night of the year for me. This year, it was their 20th annual so it was bound to be good. And good it was. Two montages were pretty epic. The beginning one which had Jerome, Peyton, the Cardinals, all in one. It was a classic. The other was the 20 greatest moments of the past 20 years. The Red Sox of 2004 were featured and that was perfect. When I find the videos I'll share them.
Rob Riggle was an okay host, but I was skeptical when I first heard about him in Florida in April. There were definitely some better hosts, but he seemed to enjoy it. Joel McHale, Jimmy Fallon, and Seth Meyers are my three picks for next year.
 I was very much distraught when Christian Watford won Best Play. Every other play deserved it so much more. This is a buzzer-beating three. We've seen it before. We may never see some of the others again.
 I was quickly happy once again when Tim Tebow won the ESPY for Best Moment. It really was an amazing moment. My favorite of the year. Lindsey Vonn delighted me when she Tebowed. He deserved it.


All in all the ESPYs were awesome, per usual! Can't wait 'til next year!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! Hope it is just as good next year!

    ReplyDelete