Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Aftermath

This is when everything else comes second. I know that most people thought that the storm wouldn't be too bad. Kids loved getting no school and fake Twitter accounts were made to laugh. But it still cost people their lives and houses. The devastation didn't really hit me when they cancelled the Knicks-Nets game, or the New York Marathon. Didn't hit me at the picture of Obama forgetting about the election and becoming human again when he hugged a sobbing civilian. It didn't even hit me when the subway station looked like an aquarium. It hit me when Adam Richman tweeted saying: "Heartbreaking. My childhood neighborhood is gone." This is terrible. So sad. So very sad. I hope it can go back to normal, although it probably never can.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it is sad and devastating. And it won't ever go back to their old normal, but eventually there will be a new normal.

    ReplyDelete