Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, October 14, 2013

HBO's Movies

On a recent sick day, I found myself on bed rest. Naturally, I checked out the films that happened to be playing. I found some good ones to watch when you're sick.

Moonrise Kingdom is every bit as pretentious as I thought it would be, but it was still whimsically quirky and charming. Plus, you can't go wrong with Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and Jason Schwartzman. I guess Edward Norton isn't too bad, either.

New Year's Eve is your typical romantic comedy, but I'm a sucker for rom-coms. I'd even like to go to Rom-Com Con one day. The Zac Efron-Michelle Pfeiffer story line was actually pretty good and, of course, I enjoyed the Seth Meyers piece.

Ted wasn't as funny as everyone said it was. It was actually pretty tame compared to Family Guy, believe it or not. Mark Wahlberg had an even more Boston accent than usual. Plus, it was actually refreshing to see Mila Kunis in a different role. Predictable story line, but there was some humorous moments.

I enjoyed them. I think they're worth a watch.

1 comment: