Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Salem in October

My family and I visited Salem, Massachusetts yesterday for October and Halloween and the whole shebang. We took a trolley tour around Salem and saw such landmarks as Derby Wharf, The Grimshaw House, and a not-so-appreciated Bewitched statue. We stopped by a beach where parts of Grown Ups 2 was filmed. Lunch was served at the Witches' Brew Cafe. An attraction featured recreations of scenes from the Salem Witch Trials of 1692 (which they weirdly embrace. There were commemorative mugs. I mean, come on, people died), including the crushing of Giles Corey, the hanging of Sarah Good, and the deception of Anne Putnam. We also toured a Pirates Museum and the tour guide Twig Smee was very good at his job. Then, we checked out a wax museum and my mother and I enjoyed the autumn while my sister and father went through haunted houses. Obviously, I abstained. A good autumn, Halloweenish day.

1 comment: