Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Max



My dog and best friend of twelve years, Max, recently passed away and I decided to create this photographic montage of awesome pictures of him, set to The Weight by The Band. January 2, 2002 - February 10, 2014, love you, Max.

Today, after twelve years, he went out on his own terms. Max was the most loyal, carefree, fun, tenacious dog I will ever know. When I was younger, I used to lay down in front of him and close my eyes to see if he would do the same. Last night, I did it one last time and he kept his eyes closed so I finally did it. I cannot remember life without you, my dear friend. I will never forget the hours we'd spend playing basketball and fetch together. You chasing your rock down the hill is the embodiment of the free spirit you always were. I'll see you when I get home, Max.

I want to share two quotes, one provided by my brother, and the latter by my father, which were really just perfect sentiments about Max.

"It is because we love so much that it hurts so bad...I would always prefer to have loved than to have never felt the hurt."

"To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice,
though inasmuch as he had four legs, a tail, and barked,
I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who
knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman."

Thank you, Max. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great tribute. Makes me sad and happy at the same time. He was a great dog, the greatest. So kind and sweet and smart. He will really be missed by those who got to know and love him. Loved him, too.

    ReplyDelete