Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

100 Favorite Movies: 44

Harold and Maude is the idiosyncratic movie that came long before the time of Wes Anderson. I would have probably never seen this underrated cult gem of a dark comedy if it wasn't for an unexpected recommendation from my English teacher. She prefaced it with a warning that it is a bizarre movie and bizarre it was. But I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it. A very unconventional "romantic comedy," but it had a much larger message. Plus, you can't go wrong with a Cat Stevens soundtrack!

Romantic dark comedy directed by Hal Ashby and written by Colin Higgins in 1971.

Starring: Ruth Gordon, Bud Cort, Vivian Pickles, Cyril Cusack, Charles Tyner, and Ellen Geer.

Tune in tomorrow for number forty-three!

1 comment:

  1. Remember it from when I was a kid. Odd but heartfelt film.

    ReplyDelete