Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Most Beautiful Lines in The Great Gatsby

There's no doubting that, in literary terms, F. Scott Fitzgerald could write prose like no other writer that came before or has come since. He was the master, the true embodiment of what it meant to "have a way with words." As such, Buzzfeed created a list, in honor of the book's ninetieth anniversary of publication, of the fifty (and they could probably fit more) of The Great Gatsby's most beautiful lines. There are so many good ones on here and I can recite the ending from my memory. But my favorite is: "I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life." You can read the entire list here.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. Great book. The afternoon I read through the bulk of it still sits in my head as a magical time. Loved it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete