Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

45 Favorite Episodes: 3

Now, here is my favorite episode of The Office. Season two's The Injury. To me, it is the absolute pinnacle of the show's humor. From start to finish, the episode just does not stop being funny. And while the title of the episode does refer to Michael's foot, to an extent, it is more aptly in regards to Dwight's concussion, which is the source of Dwight finally beginning some semblance of a friendship with Pam and, as we see at the hospital, Michael and Jim, too. You also just cannot go wrong with Ryan in this episode either. Probably one of his best roles on the show came in The Injury. But I love this episode for another reason, too. Michael's monologue, which just might be the funniest monologue in the history of television.

"I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon - sue me - and since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So most nights, before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then, I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious; it's good for me; it's the perfect way to start the day. Today, I got up, I stepped onto the grill, and it clamped down on my foot. That's it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that." Golden.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny, even if it shows Michael at nearly his worst, in many ways.

    ReplyDelete