Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, June 8, 2015

45 Favorite Episodes: 9

I didn't expect my favorite episode of I Love Lucy to be one not set in Manhattan, but as I thought about my favorite installments of the show, I knew I loved the California arc. And I love it because it starts off on such a high note. In L.A. at Last!, when the Ricardos and the Mertzes finally arrive in Hollywood, Lucy, Ethel, and Fred go to the Brown Derby where Lucy goes face-to-face with Bill Holden, who just happens to be the surprise guest Ricky brings home later that day. It's classic Lucy hijinks, but there's something about the episode that I just associate - not only with quality - but also with special times in life. I like it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Fun and well done episode. And seeing as how CBS just re-ran it over 50 years later and got great ratings, we aren't alone in loving it.

    ReplyDelete