Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Theme Thursday- Late

Twas the night before Sunday.
And all through the house not a creature was sturring except my dad's mouse.
The clothes were hung up in the closet with care.
In hopes that Theme Thursday soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds.
While visions of blogs danced in their heads.
And mamma in her 'kerchief and I with my laptop.
Had just settled our brains for a long weekend's nap.

When down in the den there arose such a clatter.
Mom sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away from the bed she flew like a flash.
Tore up the covers and threw up sash.

No post on the breast of an old time blog.
Gave the lusture of no ideas not to even a dog.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear.
But a no post even though it was due.

With a confused web-browser so sad and so slow.
I knew in a moment it must be Megan delayed so I think D'oh!
Less rapid than eagles the cursor it came.
And I clicked refresh but the blog remained then same.

Now Baino! Now Brian! Now JeffScape and Cal!
On Wings! On Ravyn! On Vampirate and Yodood!
To the top of the blog to the bottom of the wall.
Now click away! Browse away all!

As old posts that before the due date flew by.
When Megan posted an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the new post the bloggers they flew.
With the post that said sorry and Yoork too!

And then in a tinkling I heard from the laptop.
The posting and posting of each little fingertop.
As I clicked refresh again and was jumping around.
Down the hopes came from Cinnamon with a bound.

The post so rich dressed all in fur from top to the foot.
Free of ashes and soot.
A bundle of hopes he had posted on the blog back.
And we kept going on peddling opening our brain pack.

The post how it twinkled! The choice so merry!
The paragraphs like roses. The pic like a cherry!
The drawn comments were drawn up like a bow,
And the post font colors were just white as snow.

The ideas weren't spoken, stuck in their teeth.
And the border just like a wreath.
It had a broad title and a little round body.
And it shooked with 10 comments like a bowl full of jelly.

It was chubby and plump a right jolly old post-elf-shelf-melf...
And mom laughed when she saw it in spite of herself.
The days passed and a bulb went off in the head.
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

I spoke not a word but went straight to my work.
And filled up Theme Thursday and turned with a jerk.
And laying a finger inside of my nose.
And giving a nod up my finger rose. (Yes stuck forever...sigh)

He sprang to the blog and gave a great whistle.
And the posts came in and flew like a thistle.
But I heard Meg exclaim as she posted out of sight.
"The subject is late sorry it's late, you only have one night!"

10 comments:

  1. Funny and cute, you "name dropper" ya... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Seems like someone is already getting into the Christmas spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, and so nice to see so many old friends in there. TT Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny "take" on the subject. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Although I admit I'm always a bit disconcerted to see myself mentioned in other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha. that was amazing...if nothing else you could just write remakes of christmas tunes through the holidays...great take on theme!

    ReplyDelete