Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Biggest Trade in MLB History

In the above picture that I created, I tried to show each player in their finest Red Sox moment. Carl Crawford on the final day of 2011 when he provided the most hustle. Nick Punto when he became a member. Adrian Gonzalez had many fine moments, but none made Red Sox Nation happier than when he was traded here. Josh Beckett was Boston's hero of 2007. He was the ALCS MVP and Cy Young runner-up and they would not have won the World Series that year without him.

Today, the Red Sox completed the biggest trade in MLB history with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers will take nearly all of the over $250 million dollars combined among these players. The Red Sox just cleaned house. I don't know how to feel.

It's nice with a clean slate, but I think Crawford and Gonzalez could have provided something. I understand that Josh Beckett would still be here if we kept the other two, though.

Ah, Josh Beckett. In my opinion, his legacy will be that we would not have won it in 2007 without him. Although, I probably still will not care for him due to the beer, the chicken, and the awfulness.

I'm gonna miss Gonzalez. He had provided big things for Boston and was one of 2012's bright spots. I still find it weird that in the offseason of 2010 when we traded for him and signed Carl Crawford, the Red Sox were supposed to win the World Series and dominate the world. Now, neither of them are here.

And Carl Crawford. In the month that he played this year, I thought he was going to be able to provide something in 2013. Guess he won't. I thought he had some potential.

Punto. Who cares about Punto?

I can see how this could benefit the future. I may still miss Gonzo and Crawford, but I know that this is for the best. However, I still want Lucchino, Henry, and Lackey outta there. Wouldn't it be awesome if Yaz or Nomar or someone like that bought the Sox? Wouldn't it be awesome if we go on a September tear? This could make or break Boston's future.

I don't know how to feel.

1 comment:

  1. It is an amazing moment of "enough is enough". Hopefully, the major changes here will be major changes for the Sox overall. Here's to an awesome September and an even more awesome 2013!

    ReplyDelete