Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

45 Favorite Episodes: 1

I went back and forth on what my all-time favorite episode of television is. Realistically, any one of my choices in the top ten could be placed at number one and I'd be satisfied. But when I really thought critically, I knew which one was a true number one, in my heart. Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas is very important to me and I hold it very close to my heart and to who I am as a person. Like many of Community's themed episodes (or episodes in general), the season two holiday special deals with Abed concerned about his place in family and his place with friends. As a result, he sees everything in the same style of the classic Rankin-Bass holiday specials. As Professor Ian Duncan tries to exploit Abed's mental state to make a name for himself, Abed is the one trying to find the meaning of Christmas. Eventually, his friends come around and help him do that. But it's the moment with Pierce that warms my heart the most. The whole episode is filled with emotions and profound thematic elements and it just...it really means a lot to me. That's the best I can say about it. I feel very warm just thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. An episode that could have come off bad and cheesy, but is great and works and was an instant classic.

    ReplyDelete