Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The All-Rhyme How I Met Your Mother

The final season of How I Met Your Mother,
has pulled out all the stops like the finale of none other.
Just recently in November,
surely you just must remember,
how the entire episode of the show rhymed 'til nearly December.
It started with Marshall on a bus,
as he told three stories to all of us.
That way little Marvin would fall asleep,
but our attention he would keep.
It was remarkably done, beautifully written,
and by the end I felt quite smitten.
My favorite story was Mosby at the Bat,
but definitely without question, I'll have to tip my hat,
to the others which were also great,
(and started right at 8:00).
The flow is reminiscent of a jaunty little ditty.
Sing the words of Barney Stinson, Player King of New York City.
Luckily, Time.com has posted a fine list,
of the best rhymes you can't count on one fist.
My favorite of the show,
happens to be here, right below.
"As Lisa said, 'I might like the spaghetti marinara,'
Poor Ted just wondered silently, 'Mariano Rivera?'
And as she said, 'I read this place has great chicken milano,'
All Ted could bring himself to think was 'Alfonso Soriano?'
If you want to see the rest,
Just click the link provided,
I know they did their best.

1 comment:

  1. Was a fun episode and done much better than I thought it was going to be. I also love your rhyming recap of the episode here.

    ReplyDelete