Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, November 16, 2015

60 Favorite Television Characters: 33

In the beginning of my Mad Men viewing experience, I detested Pete Campbell and now that I look back, I feel like that is what Matthew Wiener wanted me and the rest of his audience to do. Pete was an arrogant, misguided, sexist douchebag who put the career of the lead character in jeopardy. But as time went on, we realized that early Pete was just super immature, but as he grew, he began to shed all those negative qualities en route to becoming a very decent human being. He is awesome! You gotta love Pete and the way he handles himself from day to day through hell's bells and chasing Lee Garner Jr. down a hallway. My favorite moment from the series finale was his getting onto an airplane and leaving New York. Bravo, Pete.

Pete Campbell: Supporting character on Mad Men portrayed by Vincent Kartheiser.

1 comment: