Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 End Of Year Meme

This will be the final blog post of 2011. The final one. Over a 1,000 and this is it. I will schedule this for 11:59 PM on December 31st, 2011. This will begin 2012. Jim said to Michael in the boss' final episode, "so five o'clock and you are gone for good." So in this case, 12 o'clock and 2011 is gone for good. Huh. How about that. It went by fast. A year full of Muppets, Tim Thomas saves, and broken legs gone. It was certainly fun. What better way to end it, then last year did? With a survey:

1. What did you do in 2011 that you've never done before?

I broke my leg in soccer. Some Hawaiian kid.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions?

Looking at the list, mostly. I couldn't walk the dogs as much due to my leg. The football picks were good too. So far we've won once and if we go undefeated this week, we'll win a year-end prize.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No. Not that I can remember.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No. I do not believe so.

5. What countries did you visit?

The United States of America

6. What would you like to have in 2012, that you lacked in 2011?

I am content.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory?

November 23rd. The day I saw The Muppets. Amazing.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Student of the Month or Recreational Basketball Champion.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Breaking my leg.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I broke my leg, if that counts.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I suppose the customized Jason Ritter New York Knicks t-shirt back in March.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Tim Tebow. What more can you ask for, from him? He's humble too!

13. Whose behavior made you depressed?

Probably Charlie Sheen. He was disappointing and definitely does not deserve any praise.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Nowhere. I saved and now have over $1000 in my bank account.

15. What did you get really, really excited about?

Bruins winning the Stanley Cup. The new Muppet movie. Andy becoming the boss on The Office. There were many things.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?

Life's A Happy Song from The Muppets. Jason Segel. Amy Adams. Walter. Feist. Mickey Rooney. I've got everything that I need, right in front of me!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or Sadder? Happier! Why? Because of everything that happened this year.
Thinner or Fatter? I don't even know.
Richer or Poorer? $1000 greenbacks so probably richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

More soccer. My season was cut short. Leg problems.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Visits to the hospital.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

The usual. Had a Christmas Eve party with one side of the family, Fall River the next day with the other side. A Christmas Story. Patriots. You know how I be.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

Probably Alex. Discussing the NBA. That was only a half-hour, though. Rarely talked on the phone.

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?

With Adam Richman? Yes, actually. Figuratively.

23. How many one-night stands in the last year?

Zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

Tough call. Community and The Office were both good. Wilfred is different. Chuck is BA. Hawaii Five-O is cute. Gotta go with Community, though.

25. Do you hate anyone now, that you didn't this time last year?

Not really. Probably Jon Hamm.

26. What was the best book you read?

I mostly read Sports Illustrated or school-assigned books. The Bro Code, most likely.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

DJ Steve Porter has pretty good sports and Community remixes. I should post them sometime.

28. What did you want and get?

A great year.

29. What did you want and not get?

Community's season 4 renewal. (Yet.)

30. What were your favorite films of the year?

THE MUPPETS. Tower Heist was good too.

31. What did you do on your birthday?

Games and cake, I think. Can't quite remember. I'm getting older, after all.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Red Sox making the playoffs anyone?

33. How would you describe your 2011 fashion concept?

Austin Collie.

34. What kept you sane?

Boston Bruins success.

35. What celebrity did you like the most?

Adam Richman. Tim Tebow. Dustin Pedroia. Matt Lauer. Ryan Seacrest. Jason Ritter. John Krasinski. Danny Pudi. The usual suspects.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Mitt Romney? I have no clue.

37. Who did you miss?

Jon Favreau. How's that Disney film coming along?

38. Who was the best new person you met?

My sister-in-law's cousin, Wazim is pretty awesome. My friend Alex's little brother, Matt is too.

39. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011.

Kermit the Frog believes in me.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

We know the good of stories, but please tell me-e-e-e
What there is to complain about?

When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over
When everything is out you gotta take it in

Oh, this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome year, broken leg aside! And even that you have in good perspective. Here's to an even better 2012!

    ReplyDelete