Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Customer Loyalty Recap

*SPOILERS*


  • Well, Greg Daniels was right. You definitely did NOT want to miss this episode of The Office. It certainly seems like it's the beginning of the end of the show.
  • Yeah. We'll get to it.
  • Okay, I think that Toby has finally gone off the deep end. Maybe he needed Michael to be that constant reminder of how awful his life was and to prevent any hope for improvement from creeping in.
  • Catherine Tate is still the worst. She is the Jim Belushi of people.
  • Derek McBlack is a real Facebook profile. I friended him.
  • Milkshake versus Old Dork is an actual Youtube video. Yes it technically is from The Office, but you know. I take what I can get.
  • It seems that Dwight is really broken up about Darryl and Jim leaving the office. He tried to kidnap Darryl! Poor, Dwight.
  • Jim saying "I expected more from Young Halpert," at the beginning of the episode was foreshadowing. Pam saying that Jim would say, "Beesly!" was foreshadowing. More on that later.
  • Oscar and Angela are both some pretty terrible people. I mean that in a loving way. Kevin follows blindly.
  • The old Office was recaptured when Dwight tried to run the meeting and that innocent customer wanted to leave, but he was stuck in their antics.
  • "Your feelings from Erin? Probably from your heat. And a little bit of your penis."
  • "No, I'm dating Val...still."
  • Yeah, can you tell this was a big episode?
  • I so remember that printing sound from my youthful days.
  • I think I picked up on something. If Jim and Pam are likely leaving Dunder Mifflin, maybe Dwight will follow suit? Could that be why they added Pete and Clark to the mix and then made Erin a love interest of Pete? Are they the new Jim, Pam and Dwight to keep things going after The Office closes up shop? Just a thought. A realistic thought.
  • What was that whole CeCe ladybug recital even about? No plot in that pageant.
  • Jim and Pam had their first real fight, it seems. For the first 12 episodes of the season (yes, we're halfway through,) I was frustrated because Greg Daniels said that there would be a conflict between Jim and Pam. Yet they kept flippity-flopping and I was so uncertain. However, here it finally is. The acting from Krasinski and Fischer is just pure awesome. It's bittersweet. I hate to see them fight, but I am glad that it finally happened. Pretty big story line going forward. Where was the Beesly!? I expect more from Young Halpert.
  • And yes. The introduction of Brian, the sound mic guy. Take a second to think about how creepy this is. Brian has been there for NINE YEARS and we had NO IDEA. He's just been there all along. He's seen everything that we've seen. That's so frightening and unnerving! Anyway, it was really weird, yet extremely amazing to see the documentary crew. I wonder how they handle that whole ordeal going forward.
  • Really awesome episode.

1 comment:

  1. Was a good episode. Sad and dark toward the end, but I am hopeful Jim and Pam will mend their problems. Countdown begins!

    ReplyDelete