Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Birdman

Ever since I saw the trailer for Birdman, I fostered a rather vigorous interest in seeing the movie in its entirety. Appearances from Zach Galifianakis, Emma Stone, Edward Norton, and Michael Keaton served to double my interest to a proportion beyond just two. And when I did see Birdman, I was blown away. It was absolutely amazing and I think it was definitely deserving of the Best Picture award at this year's Oscars. There were so many scenes that blew my mind and the moving track, one-shot directing style implemented by Alejandro G. Inarritu was something unlike anything I'd ever seen before. Absolutely flawlessly filmed. The drum score was another aspect of the movie which I found particularly in tune with the themes and tone of the movie. While the ending was ambiguous, so much evidence from the absolutely beautiful (in the most visceral sense of the word) shots shown beforehand in Birdman gives credence to theories and thematic ideologies surrounding the movie as a whole. Lastly, the acting was impeccable. Keaton? Robbed of Best Actor. Stone? Hopefully Hollywood's new go-to actress. Galifianakis? Amazing range. Norton? Stole the show. Ten out of ten would recommend Birdman.

1 comment:

  1. Was definitely a great film with a great performance from Keaton.

    ReplyDelete