Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

R.I.P. Sam Simon

Remember the three names that show up on the television of the Simpson family after every couch gag in The Simpsons? Matt Groening. James L. Brooks. Sam Simon. Well, unfortunately, on March 9th we lost one of those men. Sam Simon died at the age of fifty-nine after three years of suffering from colon cancer. One person on Twitter even stated something particularly poignant: "Matt created it, James gave it a heart, and Sam made it funny." He was one of the original developers of The Simpsons and he retained his executive producer title throughout every season despite departing the show after four. Showrunner Al Jean said in a statement, "He was a genius and a great humanitarian in ways public and private. I personally owe him more than can be repaid, but I will do my best to help ever animal I can in his memory." You're one of the greats, Sam.

1 comment:

  1. I bet he was surprised the show has lasted so very long!

    ReplyDelete