Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

50 Favorite Albums: 12

First of all, the title for Jason Mraz's second album is pure genius. I remember when I was younger, I was absolutely floored by it. Mr. A-Z. It was so perfect! It spelled out Mraz with a crazy combination of other things, too. It was just something else. Then, I was even more floored when I listened to it. Mraz's first album was not the best indication of what he could become, though there were shades of it. Here, Mraz is absolutely ready to transition from pop to soulful. Wordplay is something that, with its upbeat and rhyming rhythms, could have been ripped right from Waiting for My Rocket to Come. Life Is Wonderful and Song for a Friend are both the message-driven croon tunes that Mraz really specialized in with Yes! But Plane and Bella Luna, my two favorite tracks from this album (and two of my favorite tracks ever), actually transcend music, in my opinion. They are both something really special.

Mr. A-Z: 2005 alternative rock and soul album from Jason Mraz.

1 comment:

  1. Seems to me he can do no wrong, so far. Ten years old though? Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete