Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I did, in fact, see the second installment in the rebooted Spider-Man film franchise. It was quite enjoyable. The film seemed to be a return to classic Spider-Man form due to its use of snark, sarcasm, and "cartoon-y" aspects. Peter Parker was the quick-witted youth he was in the comics again and while I still prefer Tobey Maguire to Andrew Garfield, I didn't really mind all that much. Lots of the critics hated it because of its cartoonish nature and overuse of villains, but it wasn't that bad. Green Goblin and Electro were really the only villains Spider-Man had to defeat. Rhino was in it for all of five minutes and B.J. Novak's Alistair Smythe was in it for less (although, I do expect Smythe to be a big player going forward in the films). Plus, what draws me to Spider-Man and makes me one of his favorites is the cartoonish nature. It's more comic book-y and like a true superhero type thing where he fights crime in New York while all this goes on. It was cool. I liked it. Plus. Gwen Stacy. I won't say anything, but oof. C'est la vie. Good film.

1 comment: