Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Parks and Recreation and Musical Chairs


I'm pretty sure that executive producer, Mike Schur (Mose), can't be too happy about the casting carousel that has taken place on the perennial critical darling of NBC, Parks and Recreation. In my opinion, the dynamic combination of Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Rashida Jones, Rob Lowe, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Jerry and Donna was perfect. They always brought the laughs and both Chris Traeger, Lowe's character, and Ron Swanson, Offerman's, made my List of the Greatest People. I was strongly looking forward to Season Six when I heard that Kristen Bell, Henry Winkler and Billy Eichner would be joining the cast and Ben Schwartz would be returning. Bell will play a snooty city councilwoman from Eagleton. Schwartz will return to play Tom's friend Jean-Ralphio. Winkler will play Jean-Ralphio's father. Eichner will play Donna's Eagleton doppleganger. It was going to be a great year for Parks and Recreation until some upsetting news came about. Lowe and Jones will leave their roles as Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins respectively. That's terrible. They all played off each other so well. What will become of Leslie Knope without her best friend, Ann? I am definitely going to miss the hilarity that Lowe brought to Traeger. It was amazingly hilarious. Season Six will be crazy. Who knows what it will bring? I hope it doesn't lose it's edge, but with the hole that will be left by the absence of Chris, how can it not lose a little something. I am excited about what Winkler and Eichner will bring to the table, but I will miss Rob Lowe deeply.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely lots of changes. I am mostly sad at the lost of Chris Traeger. He was always hilariously upbeat and positive.

    ReplyDelete