Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer 2013 is Over

That's one of the worst post titles I've ever had to write in the history of this blog. It's so sad because summer is great since there's no school and all, but I'll stop dreading about school and remember the great summer that was. The collage I created basically sums up this summer.

Maine was great. One of the most serene moments of my summer vacation was the walk I went all the way down Long Sands Beach. I also ate at some of the most fantastic restaurants in New England up in Maine. However, one of the best restaurants I ate at this summer was The Melting Pot in Framingham, MA. There's three courses, starting with the cheese fondue and ending with the chocolate, but the best part is the mojo cooking broth in the middle. I chose teriyaki sirloin, Italian sausage, and the chicken breast and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Another great decision was choosing Tina Fey's Bossypants as my summer reading book. It was insightful, hilarious and charming. Speaking of charming, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon once again led the summer television charge (more on that later) and continues to thrive as one of the best television shows on the air and will actually air in re-runs on the new Esquire network, unprecedented for talk shows to be on syndication. Jimmy continues to bring laughter to all. So did This Is the End, the comedy of the summer and Monsters University, the animated film of the summer. I'd have to say that they were two of the best movies I saw all summer. This may seem like promotion, but it's nothing like the promotion that was the reason for some guest celebrities on Match Game. Watching re-runs this summer was always a great way to start each day and there's some unique humor there. Another great way to start each day would be playing Fruit Ninja after a shower and I scored far over 500 on one of them for my best in a level. I was immediately hooked. I was also hooked on the Red Sox and I am loving their success this year. I even attended their game against the Rockies back in June, a game which they won. One of my favorite summer memories could be my ten-consecutive trips on my personal paradise, the lazy river. I love lazy rivers so very greatly and I ever start to miss summer, I'll think back to the serenity of the lazy river, the walk across the beach, the great taste of the sirloin, a Tina Fey punchline, maybe even a Charles Nelson Reilly punchline. The moment of childhood memories rushing back when I saw the Scare Floor or the simple things like playing Fruit Ninja after a shower. So many great moments in this great summer.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had so many moments you enjoyed! It goes too fast, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete