Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Yes, I Saw The LEGO Movie, Too

The LEGO Movie was certainly interesting. Everyone was saying such great things about it and I believed them. With a great vocal cast of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Alison Brie, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Arnett, Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Will Ferrell, Charlie Day, and Will Forte it was hard not to believe this would be one of the more sophisticated animated movies of our time. While I do consider it superior to some of the blithering "films" put out there (Did anyone ever want an Open Season 3?) I was not overly thrilled with it and maybe my expectations were just too high. The concept was interesting and there were multiple parts that did make me laugh, but overall it seemed rather cookie cutter with a theme that is so obvious it's on the poster. I did enjoy the *SPOILER* surprise of seeing actual human Will Ferrell and the realization that his son had been playing with these toys and creating the scene. Everything did make a rather neat connection, but maybe it was the one song that was always playing in the background. I didn't mind it, but I didn't love it.

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised. Seemed like it was a big smash. Still will probably check it out, eventually.

    ReplyDelete