Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Picks for the 2013 GRAMMYs

Award season is upon us. I've already listed my choices for the People'ss Choice Awards. Now it's time for my Grammy picks. My selection is in bold.

Record of the Year: Lonely Boy, Stronger, We Are Young, Somebody That I Used To Know, Thinkin Bout You, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Album of the Year: El Camino, Some Nights, Babel, Channel Orange, Blunderbuss

Song of the Year: The A Team, Adorn, Call Me Maybe, Stronger, We Are Young

Best New Artist: Alabama Shakes, Fun., Hunter Hayes, The Lumineers, Frank Ocean

Best Pop Solo Performance: Set Fire to the Rain, Stronger, Call Me Maybe, Wide Awake, Where Have You Been

Best Pop/Duo Group Performance: Shake it Out, We Are Young, Somebody That I Used to Know, Sexy and I Know It, Payphone

Best Pop Instrumental Album: 24/7, Impressions, Four Hands & A Heart, Live at the Blue Note Tokyo, Rumbadoodle

Best Pop Vocal Album: Stronger, Ceremonials, Some Nights, Overexposed, The Truth About Love

Best Dance Recording: Levels, Let's Go, Bangarang, Don't You Worry Child, I Can't Live Without You

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Christmas (Michael Buble), A Holiday Carole, Kisses on the Bottom

Best Rock Performance: Hold On, Lonely Boy, Charlie Brown, I Will Wait, We Take Care of Our Own

Best Rock Album: El Camino, Mylo Xytolo, The 2nd Law, Wrecking Ball, Blunderbuss

Best Alternative Music Album: Fiona Apple, Biophilia, Making Mirrors, Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, Bad as Me

Best Comedy Album: Blow Your Pants Off, Cho Dependent, In God We Rust, Kathy Griffin, Mr. Universe, Rize of the Fenix

Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media: The Descendants, Marley, Midnight in Paris, The Muppets, Rock of Ages

Best Song Written for Visual Media: Abraham's Daughter, Learn Me Right, Let Me Be Your Star, Man or Muppet, Safe & Sound


Not a bad slew of nominees, but WHERE IS JASON MRAZ?????????

1 comment:

  1. Needs more Mraz! I would love Buble to win for his Christmas album!

    ReplyDelete