Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Florida Recap: 4/19

That day we went to the beloved Magic Kingdom park. We decided to take our time on Main Street because we never really did, you know? It was our first time going during the day in a long while, so we were going to take our time. There were some cool little Easter eggs there that I hadn't noticed. We normally would go left into Adventureland, but instead, decided to go right into Tomorrowland. The first ride: Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. It's definitely one of my favorites. And they put the 'Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow." back in. Awesome! We viewed the showing of the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club. I texted in the joke: "What do you get when you cross a rooster with a crocodile? A CROC-a-doodle-doo." I got that from my cousin Ava. It was not used, but it was still a humorous show. I liked 'That Guy.' That was something we had never done before. Another thing we hadn't done before was the Tomorrowland Speedway. My sister beat me, and I was awful. I cannot drive. Then, we went over to Storybook Circus and we could see some of the Fantasyland expansion construction. It was pretty cool. We could see some Little Mermaid rock work, the Beast's castle, some circus tents, and a lot of cranes and workers. It was pretty awesome to see in person! We rode the newly opened Barnstormer which was similar to the Hippogriff ride in Harry Potter world. We continued on through Fantasyland looking at the expansion until we arrived at It's A Small World. That's always a classic ride. The pagoda was not as fancy as in Epcot. We continued on to Liberty Square where we rode the classic Haunted Mansion ride. I like that ride and the wait wasn't bad. Sadly, Big Thunder Mountain was closed, but it seemed to have begun to rain so we went into the Pecos Bill Cafe for some lunch. My mom and I had the delicious taco salad. The shell was exquisite. I don't quite remember what my dad and Nikki got. When the parade had passed, my sister and I quickly made our way to Splash Mountain, the best ride in the park. We were in line when the rain was coming down pretty hard. So hard that they had to close Splash Mountain for a little. We played Glow Hockey and Sudoku with some people who were next to us, but eventually it reopened! When we went on, we didn't hear the lap bar instruction and the Cast Members did not check to see if they were down, so just before the first drop I pulled down on it and it clicked. Close call! It's a truly great ride, though. Our picture was pretty awesome. We strolled over to Adventureland after Frontierland. Pirates of the Caribbean was the first ride and that's a classic. You've gotta love it. We visited the punny Jungle Cruise after Pirates and our skipper Andrew was hilarious and good at improvising. We stopped at Aloha Isle to try the Dole Whip. A pineapple and vanilla soft serve ice cream swirl. It was 100% the greatest thing I had ever tasted in my entire life. Then, we went back to Tomorrowland to get some Fastpasses for Space Mountain. We rode the Astro Orbitor and then went to Fantasyland again to check the wait times for Peter Pan's Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Both were pretty long so we opted for Snow White's Scary Adventures instead. After all, it is closing. Permanently. After that pretty cool ride, we took a trip around Cinderella Castle and down Main Street. We had reservations at Tony's Town Square restaurant. Just like the one from Lady and the Tramp! The chicken parmesean was pretty delicious. I loved it. After that my mother and father looked for a good spot for the parade while Nikki and I went back to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain Fastpasses. That ride has certainly changed -- and for the better! It was longer and faster. I loved it! We bustled back to Main Street to join Mom and Dad at the spot for the parade, a front row spot, too! It was a pretty bright parade that could probably be seen from passing airplanes with a nice American touch (eagles aplenty) towards the end. The fireworks show started soon after, but my sister and I tried to squeeze in one last ride on Splash Mountain. Which we managed (still a fantastic ride), but not in time to get back to Mom and Dad, despite some nifty maneuvering. We rejoined after the show and departed towards the exit, sadly. It was a fun day and I'd do it all over again!

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun day, as well. Even the rain wasn't much of a bother. Love all the rides and things to see and do in that park!

    ReplyDelete