Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: Trailer



I'm making a bold statement, but I think I might say that this is the greatest movie trailer that I've ever seen. I know. I know. Big statement. Winnie the Pooh had a good one. The Muppets. Saving Mr. Banks. The Dark Knight Rises. Obviously, I'm just listing some from my recent memory. Obviously there are trailers that are far greater than those. Those are just the ones that I'm thinking of. But, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (a remake of the 1947 film with Danny Kaye that is an adaptation of the short story by James Thurber) has a truly astonishing trailer. It doesn't give away the plot and the ending and all that sort like other trailers. Instead, it opens up more questions. Plus, the excellent song choice placed with remarkable scenes and notable actors, it's just truly great. If you see a cast of Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Adam Scott and Patton Oswalt, it seems like a comedy. I bet this has some comedy, but it will be something much bigger and much deeper. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hope it is good. Stiller is always a hit or miss with me, so hoping he is good in this one.

    ReplyDelete