Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dealing with Post-Christmas Depression

I had to look at a Wikihow article on this, but I have my own methods. (I like number seven though, laugh out loud.) My methods usually include setting something up for next Christmas to prove to myself that it doesn't take all that long. I hid a scratch ticket in the bathroom so I can find it next Christmas Eve, as I've done the past three years. I have also established a bracket to determine the best Christmas song. Each round begins on a date of significance in 2014, like Thanksgiving, B.J. Novak's book release, Jimmy Fallon's move to the Tonight Show, the due date of my new niece/nephew, things like that. The winner will be announced on Christmas 2014. That'll help. I'll be fine. I'll listen to Christmas Pandora in April and on June 25, as I've done before. I'll be fine. I must reassure myself. How are you dealing with this horrible feeling of apathy? Also, later on in late-January and early-February, the Christmas posts I have bookmarked will start to show up. I have a backlog.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry. :( I know the feeling. I hate how quickly some things change, too. Like the music automatically off the radio or Valentine's candy in the store. Slow down, people! I just try and remember the good times and let them carry through.

    ReplyDelete