Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Annual Survey: 2013 Edition

Oh, yes, oh, yes, oh, yes! It's time for the annual survey. What happened this year? Happy last post of 2013!



1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?

I ate at Krusty Burger. I took trigonometry. Two very different experiences.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions?

I don't remember them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

A cousin.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My grandfather, yes.

5. What countries did you visit?

The United States of America

6. What would you like to have in 2014, that you lacked in 2013?

I am content.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched in your memory?

December 20. Fine day. Also, May 16. The Office

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

My first NaNoWriMo book I was proud of.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Please, I don't fail.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I broke my foot.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Stephen Colbert's I Am America (and So Can You!)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Jimmy Fallon, for sure.

13. Whose behavior made you depressed?

Miley Cyrus.

14. Where did most of your money go?

My bank account. Possibly Subway.

15. What did you get really, really excited about?

The Red Sox winning the World Series. Christmas. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?

I Lived by OneRepublic. Shown in the promos for the end of The Office. Embedded into my brain.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or Sadder? Happier! Always happier. Always happy.
Thinner or Fatter? I don't even know. "Probz" thinner.
Richer or Poorer? Richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Reading.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Visits to the hospital.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

The usual. Had a Christmas Eve party with one side of the family, Fall River the next day with the other side. A celebration of extreme happiness.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

I don't talk on the phone. I don't conversation.

22. Did you fall in love in 2013?

No.

23. How many one-night stands in the last year?

Zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

The Office, of course.

25. Do you hate anyone now, that you didn't this time last year?

Not really. JC Monahan possibly. Ray Lewis.

26. What was the best book you read?

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. Good books upcoming, though.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Michael Buble's past music.

28. What did you want and get?

Michael Scott returning to The Office for the finale.

29. What did you want and not get?

A Go On/Happy Endings renewal.

30. What were your favorite films of the year?

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Saving Mr. Banks, and This Is the End were all great.

31. What did you do on your birthday?

MexiCali Grill.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I'd say it was satisfying. Bruins could have won the Stanley Cup, but I'm still happy for how far they made it and also, the Red Sox.

33. How would you describe your 2013 fashion concept?

Sweaters, polos, and cargo shorts.

34. What kept you sane?

Myself.

35. What celebrity did you like the most?

Honestly, either Jimmy Fallon or Adam Richman. Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak are up there.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The government shutdown is not the Purge.

37. Who did you miss?

Jason Mraz. That sixth album is coming soon, though.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

A friend named Caleb.

39. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2013.

To live and value.

40. Is there a quote that sums up your year?

"I wish there was a way to know you're in the good, old days, before you've actually left them." - Andy Bernard

2 comments: