Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Big Sports Headlines

There are always huge headlines in sports like the upcoming Heat-Pacers Game Seven, the NHL Conference Finals, and Chris Davis rakin' over in Baltimore. However, two headlines that happened out of games and on the same day were some of the biggest of the year. Tim Tebow was released by the New York Jets and Jason Collins came out as the first openly gay active athlete. I just thought I'd provide two brief opinions. I'm really happy and proud for and of Jason Collins and hopefully he has just changed sports forever and for the better. I'm also mad at New York because it's obvious that the whole Tebow experiment was a ploy to ruin his career, but Tebow is resilient and he'll find a team whether it be in New England or Jacksonville. This isn't the end of him. I don't get it. He wins a playoff game, but teams just suck so much that they pass. Shame.

1 comment: