Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Jean Schulz Interaction

Well, this is amazing for me. Jean Schulz, wife of the late Charles Schulz, creator of the Peanuts comic strip, conducted a Reddit AMA to promote the Peanuts Gift Exchange. And she actually answered my "question!"

I asked, "Snoopy dancing on the piano and then getting embarrassed and slinking away. Amazing, right? Right."

Jean responded, "I know! I think that you have the essence of the comic strip. We know Snoopy, we know that he's sort of - how would we describe his character? Snoopy just goes out, busts out and does what he wants, and "don't jump on the piano!" and then he realizes he shouldn't have done that! But all of it is expressed with out words, and it's because you know his character and you love his drawing. And Sparky would say "it is the drawing that makes this all funny."

Amazing! I can't believe it. So cool and surreal.

To read the entire AMA, click here!

1 comment:

  1. Quite awesome! And not just a throwaway comment but a real answer. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete