Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Jonah Hill Rejoins Channing Tatum

While a 23 Jump Street seems unlikely, Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will still be acting together. A new film in production called Hail, Caesar! has added Jonah Hill to the already top-notch cast. Channing Tatum is in the film, as is George Clooney, Josh Brolin, Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes, and Scarlett Johansson. It's a Hollywood-set period comedy about Eddie Mannix, a man who worked on movie productions in the 50's. This definitely makes me think, though. If you were to make a movie about Julius Caesar, perhaps even a modern adaptation of Shakespeare's play, would Jonah not be a perfect choice to play Mark Antony? Clooney would make a great Caesar. Tatum a great Brutus. I think that would be a solid idea. When I saw this news item at first, I thought that's what it was and I was excited. But the Caesar term is not in relation to Julius, alas. This film could still be good, though.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it is good. And I like your casting ideas. Well, not sure about Clooney as Caesar, but not sure who else to cast.

    ReplyDelete