Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tammy

I always talk about the movies I see in theaters. But I'll make this one short. Yep. I saw Tammy. I did. And to be perfectly honest, I didn't really care for it. The acting wasn't good, but the writing is my biggest issue. Melissa McCarthy and her husband, Ben Falcone, wrote the movie. What becomes clear to me now is that they have no idea how to write a movie. The jokes were desperate, the plot was jumbled, and every attempt at an "emotional" connection was just thrown into the script without any context. Plus, how am I supposed to root for Tammy when she is a terrible person? I was rooting more for Nat Faxon, her cheater ex-husband, (who would have been a better choice to write the film). Also, my biggest gripe has got to be her love interest, played by Mark Duplass. Everything with those two was just so unrealistic. I just...that part is unforgivable. Anyway, it was a movie and these are just my own thoughts.

1 comment: