Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ellen and Oscar

Ellen DeGeneres hosted the Oscars back in 2007 and I think she did a stand-up (get it?) and very quality job. Granted I don't remember it all that well, but what I do remember from it, I liked. Since Ellen, Jon Stewart did it in 2008 and he did a respectable job, Hugh Jackman in 2009 was great, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin in 2010 were underwhelming, but not bad, James Franco and Anne Hathaway in 2011 made people want to die, Billy Crystal in 2012 brought it back, Seth MacFarlane in 2013 brought what was expected. Now, Ellen will be back in 2014 and I think the show is in good hands with her at the helm. It was almost Jerry Seinfeld, I heard. A great day will be when it's bequeathed to Jimmy Fallon. We know it's coming.

2 comments:

  1. She will be great, I am sure, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. 91st Oscar awards 2019

    ReplyDelete