Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Red Sock For Life

Well, at least until 2021, but it'll probably be for a long while. Hopefully, Dustin Pedroia will be in Boston for the rest of his life, but 2021 works for now! Pedroia signed a seven-year, $110 million contract extension that he hopes will ensure that he never plays another Major League game for another team ever. Pedroia embodies everything that Boston, the Red Sox, baseball and sports is all about. It's rare that a guy is with a team for life, but I do not mind this case whatsoever. In the ceremony/announcement, David Ortiz gave Pedroia the Fenway second base. Pedroia also said this:

"The Red Sox drafted me. A lot of teams passed on me because of my size and stuff like that. It's pretty important. That's why I want to make sure that I work as hard as I can to make sure that they made the right choice in drafting me and me being here my whole career. I just want to make sure I'm playing my last game here. That's important. It's the only thing I know. I love putting on the Red Sox uniform every day. Every game is important to me and my teammates. It's pretty special."

Special indeed, the 29-year-old, .303 lifetime hitter, 2008 MVP sure found a great home.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff. I hope he is there for the duration of his career! He is the Red Sox.

    ReplyDelete