Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, September 28, 2015

50 Favorite Albums: 18

I'm a sucker for Christmas music, but you probably already knew that. I love listening to it; the genre makes me happy; I can't wait for December to roll around so I can just immerse myself in it all over again. But nobody in the modern age does Christmas music better than Michael Buble. (Sorry, Seth MacFarlane.) After the era of swing with Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and Nat King Cole and Andy Williams ended, the world was hard-pressed to find anyone who could live up to the plethora of holiday hits created by those of old. But when Michael Buble, a swinger for the oughts, decided to make his own Christmas album, he changed the game. Now, he's one of the all-time greats. And he covered those, too. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Jingle Bells, White Christmas, Holly Jolly Christmas. All the hits were here. But he also created a new Christmas classic of his own, something that is very hard to do, with Cold December Night. Lastly, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) is my favorite Christmas song. And I have him to thank for that. Buble, I salute you.

Christmas: 2011 Christmas album from Michael Buble.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh... Good choice! I love this album. Amazing voice, great renditions of classics and just a feel-good Christmas experience.

    ReplyDelete