Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Ant-Man

The newest Marvel movie is also one of the best Marvel movies. After the huge behemoth of a tentpole movie that was Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel Studios decided to go much smaller with their next cinematic installment. But they also managed to create a film that vaulted itself into my top five favorite films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The two Avengers movies, The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy all join Ant-Man up there, but this post isn't about them. Paul Rudd (and I may be biased here) absolutely kills it as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lily are very welcome additions to the MCU. But it's Michael Pena, my boy, my Puerto Rican Mohegan from Tower Heist, that stole the show. There were a lot of aspects that bucked the common tropes of superhero films that I won't spoil, but my favorite part of the movie was the completely unique aspects of fighting (including a certain winged superhero). I can't wait to see how Ant-Man will hold his own when he joins The Avengers. The comedy was great and I think Edgar Wright, Adam McKay, and Rudd created a great story and a great script, respectively. Peyton Reed was an excellent choice to fill in. Lastly, the third act was one of the most inventive and entertaining acts I've seen in a superhero movie. I, of course, recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to watch! Any clue when it'll be on Netflix or something?

    ReplyDelete