Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

R.I.P. Peg Lynch

I read a book at the beach this past July that was filled with interviews from Mike Sacks with influential comedy writers. One of those interviewed was Peg Lynch, the former star and creator of Ethel and Albert. Unfortunately, two weeks after I finished the book, I read on The New York Times' website that she had died at the age of ninety-eight. From all I knew about her in my short period of knowledge that Peg Lynch even existed in the first place, she seemed like a sharp writer and a comedic genius. She is said to have been the innovator of both situational comedy and "shows about nothing," as she wrote over eleven thousand scripts for her radio/television program, Ethel and Albert. I'm glad to have been exposed to her.

1 comment: