Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

50 Favorite Albums: 41

Queen's music is very polarizing for me. Most of their songs are generic anthems, novelty songs if you will, that lose their luster very quickly. But they also have some gems like Don't Stop Me Now. Two of the songs I can enjoy, rather than tolerate or loathe, from Queen are on their album, A Night at the Opera, which served as somewhat of a showcase as to how great they really could have been. You're My Best Friend and Bohemian Rhapsody are two of their biggest hits and featured on this album and, of course, the latter has become recognized as what some music critics refer to as the greatest song ever made. I disagree, but I get where that comes from. It's a pretty good album in that sense.

A Night at the Opera: 1975 progressive rock album from Queen.

1 comment:

  1. Great album from an amazing band. So much of their stuff is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete