Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, September 7, 2015

50 Favorite Albums: 39

Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All-Time featured Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as the greatest album ever made. Obviously, I disagree with that sentiment, but there is no doubting its status as iconic and one of the best ever. I would even go so far as to put it in my top thirty-nine. Which I did! It is, of course, a natural progression in the canon of The Beatles and it even served as somewhat of the "during" stage for their facial hair. Ringo gets a turn at writing some more songs than he did before (With a Little Help from My Friends) and while there is a good blend of their classic pop (When I'm 64) and psychedelic rock (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds), it just doesn't feature some of my top tier Beatles songs. And that's okay! Because it's still incredible.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band: 1967 pop rock album from The Beatles.

1 comment:

  1. A classic, pretty much by anyone's standards! Great choice for inclusion!

    ReplyDelete